Here's one last festive recipe from health food blogger SpamellaB just before Christmas. These vegan friendly brownies would make a perfect Christmas snack! SpamellaB's blog and social media are an excellent source of ways to indulge healthily so make sure you pay them a visit.
Serves: Makes 12 Brownies
1 cup Unsweetened apple puree or cooked apples
3 tbspCoconut oil, melted
30ml CherryActive® Concentrate
4 tbsp Maple syrup
½ cup Almond milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup Oat flour (blend oats in a food processor)
4 tbsp Cacao powder
3 tbsp Coconut sugar
2 tbsp Flaxseeds
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp Ground ginger
1 cup Fresh or frozen cherries, halved
For the raw chocolate drizzle:1 tbsp Coconut oil
1 tbsp Maple syrup
2 tbsp Cacao powder
Pinch of Ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease and line a rectangular baking tin.
- Place the cooked/pureed apples in a blender with the melted coconut oil, CherryActive concentrate, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla. Whizz up until smooth.
- Mix together the oat flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, flaxseeds, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger in a large bowl.
- Pour in the blended ingredients and fold in the cherries. You should have a smooth chocolate batter.
- Spoon this into your prepared tin and smooth out evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until firmed up and cooked through. Leave to cool completely then cut into 12.
- When the brownies have cooled, make the drizzle: Gently melt the coconut oil and maple syrup, then whisk in the cacao powder and ginger. Drizzle over - now enjoy!
- Keep any remaining brownies in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
If you would like to follow SpamellaB on social media or visit her blog please use the links below: -BACK