Here's another amazing recipe from health food blogger SpamellaB. Her blog and social media are an excellent source of ways to indulge healthily, we recommend you check them out for yourself.
Serves: Makes one cake
For the cake: -1 400g Can pears in juice
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tbsp Melted coconut oil or rapeseed oil
3 tbsp Maple syrup
2 tbsp Almond milk
1 cup Gluten-free flour
½ cup Almond flour or ground almonds
2 tsp Ground cardamom
1 tsp Baking powder
⅓ cup Coconut sugar
4 tbsp CherryActive® dried cherries
1 Ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced
For the glaze: -1 tbsp Maple syrup
1 tbsp Oil
½ tsp Ground cardamom
Flaked almonds, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Drain the pears (keeping the juice) and place in a blender with the egg, oil, maple syrup, vanilla and almond milk. Blend until completely smooth.
- Mix together the flour, almonds, cardamom, baking powder and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Pour in the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the dried cherries, then spoon into the tin and spread out evenly.
- Arrange the pear slices on top to create a pattern. Bake for about 45 minutes (cover with tin foil halfway through cooking) in total until firm to the touch and golden.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the warm cake, scatter over the almonds then leave to cool completely.
- When you’re ready to serve, gently remove the cake from the tin and cut into slices. Enjoy!
- Keep any remaining slices of cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
If you would like to follow SpamellaB on social media or visit her blog please use the links below: -