Here's anther recipe from health food blogger SpamellaB. Her blog and social media are an excellent source for all kinds of healthy ideas so just click on the links below.
Ingredients:For the oat base -
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup jumbo oats
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons CherryActive Dried Cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (almond works best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 x sachet CherryActive Cherry Concentrate
- 50g raw vegan dark chocolate, broken up
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- First make the oat base: Mix together the oats, protein powder, cinnamon and chopped dried cherries in a bowl.
- Gently melt the coconut oil, maple syrup and nut butter and stir until smooth.
- Pour this into the dry ingredients along with the vanilla extract and cherry concentrate and mix well to combine - the mixture should come together.
- Press this into a rectangular tub lined with greaseproof paper - I used a tupperware box (use a smaller, deep one for chunky bars, or a larger, shallow tub for thinner ones). Smooth out evenly then chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm.
- Now make the chocolate topping: Gently melt the chocolate, coconut oil and maple syrup. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cacao powder so you have a smooth, glossy (not too runny) sauce.
- Pour this over the oat base and return to the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Gently remove the whole thing from the tub using the greaseproof paper, transfer to a chopping board and cut up into bars. Now devour!!