Serves: Makes 9-12 bars
For the puffed rice base: -
100g Rolled oats
50g Plain puffed rice
25g Desiccated coconut
25g Mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin)
2 tbsp Chia seeds
2 tbsp Coconut oil
3 tbsp Maple syrup
2 tbsp Nut butter
For the chocolate layer: -75g Raw vegan dark chocolate
1 tsp Coconut oil
2 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
2 tbsp Freeze-dried raspberries
- Mix together the oats, puffed rice, coconut and seeds in a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil, maple syrup and nut butter then set aside and leave to cool slightly. Whisk in the PomegranateActive.
- Pour this into the dry ingredients and mix together really well - it should be a little sticky and come together nicely.
- Line a 9 x 9in baking tin with greaseproof paper then tip the mixture in and spread out evenly. Pack it in really tightly then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil on a low heat, then pour this over the top to cover. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and raspberries then return to the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- When you’re ready to serve, lift out the whole batch and place on a chopping board. Cut into 9-12 bars then enjoy!