Serves: Makes 6 muffins
200g Brown rice flour
50g Ground almonds or almond flour
100g Coconut sugar or stevia
4 tbsp Poppy seeds
1 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Bicarb of soda
Zest & juice of 2 lemons
300ml Almond milk
2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp Maple syrup
1 tsp Vanilla extract
For the filling: -6 tsp No added sugar raspberry jam
For the topping: -200g Coconut yogurt or thick Greek yogurt (can be 0% fat)
30mls BeetActive concentrate
2 tbsp Maple syrup
½ tsp Vanilla extract
Freeze-dried raspberries, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly grease a 6 hole muffin tin.
- Mix together the flour, almonds, coconut sugar/stevia, poppy seeds, baking powder and bicarb in a bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon zest and juice, almond milk, vinegar, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla then pour into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin tins and fill to reach the top. Bake for 10-12 minutes until risen, golden and a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- Make a small cavity in the middle of each muffin when cooled using a teaspoon (you won’t need these bits again so eat them!) and fill with some jam.
- Beat together the topping ingredients until smooth and pink then spoon over the top of the jam part to cover. Scatter with freeze-dried raspberries then enjoy!