A wonderful alternative to sugary breakfast cereals. Make this pudding the night before, store it in the fridge ready for a speedy option to start the day. This recipe has the added benefits of being suitable for vegetarians and vegans and is gluten free, egg free and dairy free.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Chilling time: Overnight
Serves: Makes two puddings
400g Tin of full fat coconut milk
100ml Almond milk
6 tbsp Chia seeds
30g CherryActive cherries
200g Fresh of frozen pitted cherries
1 tbsp Lemon juice
Coconut flakes to garnish
- Place the CherryActive cherries in a little warm water and soak for 15 minutes. Drain.
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, almond milk and chia seeds. Leave to soak in the fridge overnight
- Place the cherries, lemon juice and CherryActive cherries in a pan and simmer gently to soften. Allow to cool.
- In the morning stir the chia pudding. Layer in glasses with the cherry compote.
- Top with a little of the cherry compote and coconut flakes to serve.
Per serving: Calories 391kcal, Protein 9.3g, Carbohydrates 51.5g, Sugars 30.6g, Total Fat 15.3g, Saturates 1.8g, Fibre 18.3g, Salt 0.6g
Per 100g: Calories 94kcal, Protein 2.2g, Carbohydrates 12.3g, Sugars 7.3g, Total Fat 3.7g, Saturates 0.4g, Fibre 4.4g, Salt 0.1g