This amazing vegan friendly recipe comes from Dr Emma Kirke, founder of the Medicinal Kitchen website. Her blog is packed with articles about her journey and how to fuel your body for good health. These bites make a great high protein snack suitable for vegans with the energy boost of CherryActive® cherries and are gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, soy free, grain free and processed sugar free.
1 serving of Genetic Supplements vegan protein (Caramel or Vanilla works best)
10g Lucuma powder
10g Baobab powder
1/4 cup Alpro unsweetened Almond milk approx
1 dsp Vitafiber
CherryActive® dried Montmorrency cherries
1/4 cup Ground almonds, plus extra to coat
4-6 drops Almond extract flavouring
Cherry extract powder (for decoration only)
- Place all the dry ingredients into the processor and give a quick mix
- Add the Vita Fibre and mix thoroughly.
- Add the almond milk a little at a time in case you don’t require it all. The mix should be sticky to firm not sloppy. If it is too wet the mix won’t bind together.
- Take a cherry in one hand and a dessert spoon size of the protein mix in the other. Push the cherry into the mix and mold it around so that the cherry becomes concealed.
- Roll the bite size ball between your hands and then submerge in the ground almonds you have placed in a saucer. When the ball is completely coated, place it on a tray coated with baking paper.
- When you have used up all your mix place them in the fridge to harden.
- If you wish to sprinkle cherry extract on do this when they are fully set. I tend to keep them in a kilner jar in the fridge. They keep for at least 2 weeks in theory!!!!
For whole batch: Calories 416kcal, Protein 26g, Carbohydrates 44g, Total Fat 17g
Per ball: Calories 34.6kcal, Protein 2.2g, Carbohydrates 3.6g, Total Fat 1.4g
If you would like to follow Emma on social media or visit her website please use the links below: -BACK