With the Christmas season fast approaching we have created a stuffing mix with a cherry twist. A deliciously, savoury accompaniment for any roast. Serves 4-6
1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
4 spring onions, sliced
1/2 red pepper, deseeded and diced
75g (2 3/4 oz) mushrooms, diced
175g (6 oz) wholemeal bread
1 egg, beaten
25g (1 oz) pecan nuts, chopped
75g (2 3/4 oz) CherryActive® Dried Cherries
1 tbsp CherryActive® Concentrate cherry juice
1/2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1/2 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
2. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish.
3. Heat the coconut or olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the spring onion, red pepper and mushrooms for 5-6 minutes, until starting to soften.
4. Grate the bread into crumbs, leaving some fairly chunky.
5. Place breadcrumbs in a bowl with the sautéed vegetables. Mix in the beaten egg, pecan nuts, CherryActive® dried cherries and concentrate, and fresh herbs.
6. Season well, spoon into the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
7. Bake for 15 minutes before removing the foil and baking for a further 10 minutes.
Recipe thanks to Joy Skipper, Nutritionist