These cookies and jam are a match made in heaven. Thanks go to our Instagram follower Charlotte Bovey for this simple and nutritious snack.
Serves: Makes one jar of jam and 18 cookies
For the jam: -
50g Chia seeds,
40ml CherryActive concentrate
Sweeter to taste (Charlotte chose 2 tsp Truvia, this could be swapped for honey or date syrup)
For the cookies: -
50g beloved date nectar
60g sukrin almond flour
45g dried cherries
Natural almond extract
- For the jam; start by gently warming all the ingredients in a pan, add a couple of tablespoons of water if needed.
- Once hot and runny, pour into a jar and leave to cool until thick.
- For the cookies; preheat the oven to 160c.
- Blend together the banana with the date syrup and almond extract.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until mixed well.
- Roll into balls and then flatten out with a fork on a baking tray.
- Bake for 7 minutes until light golden. I made 18
Per 30g serving of jam: 36cals, Protein 1.2g, Carbohydrates 3.7g and Fat 1.4g
Per cookie: 54cals, Protein 2.2g, Carbohydrates 8.9g and Fat 0.9g