This recipe has fast become one of @gourmetglow's signature recipes and she has made it for her recent pop up restaurant. Trust us it's good, very good!
For the base:
10 Large medjool dates
2 tbsp Melted coconut merchant coconut oil
75g CherryActive® dried Montmorency cherries
Pinch of Cornish sea salt flakes
For the filling: -
4 Ripe avocados
220g Melted coconut merchant coconut oil
190g Aduna raw cacao powder
1 tsp Sea salt flakes
200g Maple syrup
Few grating of Steenbergs Tonka bean
- Line a loose bottomed cake tin with grease-proof paper.
- Blend the base ingredients (excluding the cherries) in a high speed blender until they form a dough.
- Mix in the cherries and pack into the loose bottomed tin, refrigerate.
- Blend the filling ingredients together and spoon over the base.
- Refrigerate overnight until set. Remove from tin, cut into slices and serve.