A fabulous protein bar ideal for when blood sugar levels dip or post training. These are also perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack on the go too. Packed with antioxidants and protein to support recovery this will optimise your training efforts. For a gluten free option use gluten free oats or quinoa flakes and gluten free flour.
115g Porridge oats
30g Wholemeal flour or gluten free flour
30g Vanilla, strawberry or chocolate flavoured protein powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g Coconut oil, melted
50g CherryActive® concentrate
1 tbsp whole chia seeds
15g shelled hemp seeds
60g CherryActive® dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Line a 20cm square shallow baking tin with baking parchment.
- Place the porridge oats, protein powder and flour in a food processor and pulse briefly to break up the oats slightly. Add the coconut oil, dates and CherryActive® concentrate and process to combine. Pulse in the seeds and CherryActive® dried cherries.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press firmly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool in the tin before cutting into bars.
- Store in the fridge or in an airtight container for 2-3 days. The bars will also freeze for up to 3 months.
Per Bar: Calories 145kcal, Protein 3g, Carbohydrates 15.8g, Sugars 8.6g, Total Fat 7.6g, Saturates 5.5g
Per 100g: Calories 450kcal, Protein 9.3g, Carbohydrates 49.2g, Sugars 26.9g, Total Fat 23.7g, Saturates 17g