This is a really easy recipe and well worth a try. The sweet marinade keeps the duck breasts beautifully moist and full of flavour. Delicious warm or cold as a salad.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
4 Duck breasts
Salt & Pepper
200g Fine green beans trimmed
100g Sprouted broccoli florets
150g Cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Red onion, finely chopped
50g Active Edge CherryActive dried Montmorency cherries
60g Pecan nuts
For the dressing:-
3 tbsp Raspberry vinegar & walnut oil
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard & salt and pepper
For the marinade:-
2 tbsp Active Edge CherryActive concentrate
3 tbsp Tamari soy sauce
2 tbsp Balsamic or raspberry vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
Black pepper and a pinch of garlic salt
- Make up the marinade by whisking all the ingredients together. Score the fat side of the duck breasts and place in a shallow try. Pour over the marinade, chill for two hours or overnight.
- Make up the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 300C, gas mark 6.
- Heat an oven proof frying pan. Drain the duck breasts and place the skin side down in the pan. Lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven and coo for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a board. Cover with foil and allow to rest fro 10 minutes, slice thinly.
- Using the same pan, saute the onion CherryActive cherries, tomatoes and pecan nuts in the juices for two to three minutes until the onion is soft.
- Place the broccoli and green beans in a pan of boiling water and blanch for two minutes until just cooked but still crisp. Drain.
- Divide the broccoli and green beans between four plates. Top each plate with a duck breast then spoon over the onion and cherry mixture. Drizzle with a little dressing to serve.
Per Serving: Calories 544kcal, Protein 28.5g, Carbohydrates 21.7g, Sugars 17.8g, Total Fat 37.8g, Saturates 5.5g, Fibre 4.1g, Salt 2.6g.
Per 100g: Calories 164kcal, Protein 8.6g, Carbohydrates 6.5g, Sugars 5.4g, Total Fat 11.4g, Saturates 1.7g, Fibre 1.2g, Salt 0.8g.BACK