Health Benefits of Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranate juice contains a number of naturally-occurring compounds, including punicalagins and punicic acid, that can have a positive impact on your health.
- Antioxidant protection - Antioxidants help get rid of harmful compounds called Free Radicals. Pomegranates have an impressive antioxidant activity three times higher than that of red wine or green tea.
- Cardiovascular health – Pomegranates are a natural source of potent polyphenols that may help protect the cardiovascular system by reducing inflammation, relaxing blood vessels and maintaining a healthy blood pressure.
- Gut health – Studies have shown pomegranates have an anti-inflammatory effect at the gastric level. This could be useful for people with inflammatory gut conditions like IBS.
- Obesity – Pomegranate consumption, through various mechanisms, has been found to promote fat reduction and help prevent insulin resistance, thereby averting the risk of obesity.
- Diabetes – Punicic acid in pomegranates have been shown to lower blood glucose levels and oxidative stress and lipid peroxidation are lowered by pomegranate’s antioxidant and anthocyanin content.
- PomegranateActive is 100% PREMIUM concentrated pomegranate juice.
- It is made avoiding excessive heat and contains no preservatives or other additives.
- A 237ml bottle is made from the juice of 14 pomegranates (also available in 473ml bottle size).
- Dilute 30ml with water to make a ½ pint (280ml) of delicious pomegranate juice (a 237ml bottle makes 8 glasses)
- Also add PomegranateActive to smoothies, natural yogurt and other recipes.
- PomegranateActive counts towards your Five-a-Day fruit and veg target.