Blueberries are a rich source of antioxidants called anthocyanins. Recent studies show that regularly consuming this fruit, whole or as a juice, can help protect your health in a number of different ways.
- Powerful Antioxidant - Blueberries have the one of the highest antioxidant capacity of all the popular fruits and vegetables. Antioxidants rid the body of harmful free radicals.
- Reduces DNA Damage - Several studies suggest that blueberries and blueberry juice reduce DNA damage, which is a leading driver of ageing.
- Protects your heart – The antioxidants in blueberries have been shown to reduce a predominant risk factor for heart disease by preventing oxidative damage to “bad” LDL cholesterol.
- Protects your brain - The antioxidants in blueberries seem to benefit your brain by aiding brain function and delaying mental decline.
- Helps prevent urinary tract infections - Like cranberries, blueberries contain substances that can prevent certain bacteria from binding to the wall of your bladder, which may help prevent UTIs.
BlueberryActive, from Active Edge, is a premium, concentrated blueberry juice. It is carefully made - avoiding excessive heat, preservatives and other additives - to produce a thick, concentrated juice, packed full of anthocyanins.
Each 473ml bottle contains the juice from nearly 3,000 blueberries and makes 16 full glasses of delicious blueberry juice, that count towards your Five-a-Day fruit and veg portions.
It can also be added to smoothies, natural yogurt and other recipes.