Serves: Makes one bowl of porridge
For the porridge: -50g Rolled oats
½ tsp Turmeric powder
Juice of ½ lemon
250ml Almond or coconut milk
2 tbsp Maple syrup, to sweeten
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
For the blueberry topping: -2 tbsp Fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tsp BlueberryActive® Concentrate
1 tsp Chia seeds
- First make the blueberry topping: Place the fresh/frozen blueberries and blueberry concentrate in a small pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until softened and some liquid has been released
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds, then set aside for at least 15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to form a ‘jam’.
- Now make the porridge: Place the oats and turmeric in a small pan with your choice of milk and the lemon juice.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened, then remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup and poppy seeds.
- Pour into a bowl while still warm and spoon over some of the blueberry topping. Enjoy!
This is equally as delicious chilled: Spoon the porridge into a jar, leave to cool, top with the blueberry topping then leave in the fridge overnight.