Here's a nice winter warmer breakfast recipe from our resident health food blogger SpamellaB. Her blog and social media are an excellent source of ways to indulge healthily, we recommend you check them out for yourself.
Serves: Makes one bowl of porridge
For the porridge: -50g Rolled oats
½ tsp Turmeric powder
Juice of ½ lemon
250ml Almond or coconut milk
2 tbsp Maple syrup, to sweeten
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
For the blueberry topping: -2 tbsp Fresh or frozen blueberries
2 tbsp BlueberryActive® dried Blueberries
1 tsp BlueberryActive® Concentrate
1 tsp Chia seeds
- First make the blueberry topping: Place the fresh/frozen blueberries, dried blueberries and blueberry concentrate in a small pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until softened and some liquid has been released
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds, then set aside for at least 15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to form a ‘jam’.
- Now make the porridge: Place the oats and turmeric in a small pan with your choice of milk and the lemon juice.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened, then remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup and poppy seeds.
- Pour into a bowl while still warm and spoon over some of the blueberry topping. Enjoy!
This is equally as delicious chilled: Spoon the porridge into a jar, leave to cool, top with the blueberry topping then leave in the fridge overnight.
If you would like to follow SpamellaB on social media or visit her blog please use the links below: -BACK