Gluten free, egg free, suitable for vegetarians & vegans.
Wonderfully healthy and so simple to make, these delicious crunchy bars make a great breakfast on the go, mid-afternoon snack or packed lunch filler.
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Makes: 12 bars
100g gluten free porridge oats
90g pecan nuts
75g soft pitted dates, chopped
75g BlueberryActive Blueberries
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp BlueberryActive Concentrate
75g Coconut oil
50g mixed seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower etc)
1) Preheat the oven to 180c, Gas Mark 4
2) Place the BlueberryActive Blueberries in a little warm water and soak for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3) Line a shallow traybake tin (approx 25cm x 18cm) with greaseproof paper.
4) Place the oats, pecan nuts and cinnamon in a food processor and process to chop up the nuts finely.
5) Melt the coconut oil and add to the food processor with the BlueberryActive Concentrate, dates and half of the BlueberryActive Blueberries. Process to combine
6) Pulse in the seeds and BlueberryActive Blueberries.
7) Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down firmly.
8) Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden.
9) Allow the mixture to cool in the tin. Once cool turn out and cut into bars.
10) The bars can be frozen for up to one month or stored in an airtight container for one week.
Per Serving – Calories 206kcal, Protein 3.1g, Carbohydrates 17g (Sugars 10.2g), Fat 14g (Saturates 6.2g), Fibre 1.8g, Salt 0g
Per 100g – Calories 497kcal, Protein 7.5g, Carbohydrates 40.9g (Sugars 24.6g), Fat 33.7g (Saturates 15g), Fibre 4.3g, Salt 0g