We all like to stick to a healthy diet, but now and again we all deserve a treat so why not indulge in everybody's guilty pleasure - Chocolate! So here's a luxurious recipe for chocolate truffles which has the added bonus of CherryActive. We hope you enjoy them as much as we have and if you have a recipe, be it a drink, snack, meal or dressing please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'recipe'
125ml Double Cream
125ml Single Cream
250g Dark Chocolate (ideally 70% cocoa solids)
65g Clear Honey
200g CherryActive Freeze-Dried Cherries, roughly chopped
20ml CherryActive Concentrate
1-5 Tablespoons of Cherry Brandy (optional)
Crushed chocolate flake bars
Crushed amaretti biscuits
1) Soak the cherries in the CherryActive concentrate and if using 1 tablespoon of cherry brandy, cover and leave overnight.
2) Pour the double and single cream into a medium saucepan and heat very gently for 5-8 minutes. Keep an eye on the pan do not let it boil.
3) Break up the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl, add the diced butter and honey.
4) Pour the hot cream onto the chocolate, butter and honey stirring as you do so. Continue to stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
5) Add the cherries to the mix and stir well to incorporate them into the mixture. If using add 4 tablespoons of cherry brandy and stir in.
6) Pour the mixture into a wide shallow dish, cover and place in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours or until firm.
7) When the truffle mix is ready scatter your chosen coatings on several plates. Remove the mix from the fridge and use a teaspoon to scoop out a portion. Shape this into a ball be quickly rolling it in your hands.
8) Once shaped roll the truffle in your chosen coating and place on a plate. Repeat with the rest with the rest of the mix.
9) Place your finished truffles in a plastic container, seal and refrigerate until firm and ready to serve. Consume within 3–4 days.
If you have a recipe you'd like to share just email us on email@example.com